Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  RSSRSS  

Singapore Treasure Hunt

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chimestar
Hunky-dory
Hunky-dory
chimestar

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2006-09-18

Singapore Treasure Hunt Empty
PostSubject: Singapore Treasure Hunt   Singapore Treasure Hunt EmptyWed Oct 04, 2006 1:49 am

I was reading the Sunday Times this morning (yes, sunday was two days ago...) and came across a very interesting book review.

Apparently, a millionaire name Micheal Stadther has written a book named The Secrets of Alchemist Dar where puzzles are hidden within the pages of the book. These puzzles if solved would lead to jewelled rings worth a total of 2 million dollars! It's a global treasure hunt so anyone who can read english and resides in one of the 11 countries is eligible, and Singapore is one of them! Wow! Shocked I felt an urge to go out immediately and buy the book to try my luck at solving the puzzle. lol! Hee, any other takers?

The book itself cost $28.50 (expensive for a children's book isn't it) and is a children's book about a humble woodcutter named Zac. This book is a sequel to A Treasure Trove (which also had a treasure hunt but located in US)

Well, I think this is a really clever publicity ploy, though apparently it is not a new idea. A book published in 1979 named Masquerade by Kit Williams also contained clues to find a jewelled hare.
Back to top Go down
YSL
Wallflower
Wallflower
YSL

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2006-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Treasure Hunt   Singapore Treasure Hunt EmptyWed Oct 04, 2006 2:09 am

Wah! Sounds interesting. Maybe a few of us can share one book.

Sounds like a good marriage proposal idea also. Imagine solving the puzzles with your girlfriend and then propose with the jewelled ring that you won. Not bad right? Can save money on diamond rings also. lol!
Back to top Go down
JohnTuckerMustDie
Bambino
Bambino

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2006-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Treasure Hunt   Singapore Treasure Hunt EmptyThu Oct 05, 2006 3:03 pm

yeah...I think we can share the book Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Singapore Treasure Hunt   Singapore Treasure Hunt Empty

Back to top Go down

Singapore Treasure Hunt
Page 1 of 1