Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  RSSRSS  

MRT Singapore

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
iez
Wallflower
Wallflower
iez

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2006-09-18

MRT Singapore Empty
PostSubject: MRT Singapore   MRT Singapore EmptyThu Sep 21, 2006 2:12 pm

Is it only me who often took wrong line MRT before?

once, I wanted to go to Buona Vista. As my house is not very near to the MRT station, I took a connecting train from South View LRT to Choa Chu Kang MRT.
It was early in the morning, so I was rather sleepy then... Rolling Eyes
When I reached CCK, I waited for the MRT. I had to go to Jurong East first and change train to Buona Vista. I saw the direction sign on the MRT line I was waiting. It said "Marina Bay". When the train came, I boarded the train. I realized that I was in the wrong train when the announcement said "next stop, Yew Tee" Embarassed I then alighted at Yew Tee and changed MRT to the correct one, to Jurong East.

Questions: why can such errors occur in the first place?

1. Maybe I am too sleepy? But I read the sign "Marina Bay". But why I still took that train?
2. Maybe I am stupid? haha... are you kidding me? you know it's not true! haha
3. Since I don't want to put the blame on me, let's put the blame on the MRT signage design then...

How do you remember the MRT routes? for me, I developed a mental model of Sigapore map and their respective MRT stations and routes.
If they would have added the MRT map on the signage, in addition to wording "Marina Bay", I would realize it more that the train is going to the North! not to the south as I expected. remember, I was so sleepy then, my working memory was not working very well. Would having a visual aid like the map with North direction bolded in addition to just the wording "Marina Bay" be helpful for people like me?

what do you think? MRT Singapore Colorz_p
Back to top Go down
http://southinkucandesign.blogspot.com
YSL
Wallflower
Wallflower
YSL

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2006-09-19

MRT Singapore Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRT Singapore   MRT Singapore EmptyFri Sep 22, 2006 12:50 am

Good idea!!! I think SMRT should better utilize the big LCD displays than letting them repeat the same commercial to irritate commuters. Mad
Back to top Go down
JohnTuckerMustDie
Bambino
Bambino

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2006-09-19

MRT Singapore Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRT Singapore   MRT Singapore EmptyFri Sep 22, 2006 12:55 pm

yeah... I agree with that...sometimes it's very difficult to see what time will the next train come since I can't see the timing.

The commercial news is also too long and actually we, commuters, don't really bother about that...
bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MRT Singapore Empty
PostSubject: Re: MRT Singapore   MRT Singapore Empty

Back to top Go down

MRT Singapore
Page 1 of 1