Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Latest imagesLatest images  Log inLog in  RSSRSS  

ARTSeats Design Competition

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
YSL
Wallflower
Wallflower
YSL

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2006-09-19

ARTSeats Design Competition Empty
PostSubject: ARTSeats Design Competition   ARTSeats Design Competition EmptyMon Sep 25, 2006 1:17 am

LTA (Land Transport Authority) is organizing a seat design competition for the Singapore Circle Line MRT. The seats will be located at station platforms of the Circle Line.

Judging criteria:

1. Structural stability
2. Ergonomics
3. Constructability
4. Safety

Prizes:

1st prize - S$50, 000
2nd prize - S$5,000
3rd prize - S$3,000

You can visit the following website for details: http://www.lta.gov.sg/circle_line_art/claartseat.htm
Back to top Go down
iez
Wallflower
Wallflower
iez

Number of posts : 47
Registration date : 2006-09-18

PostSubject: Re: ARTSeats Design Competition   ARTSeats Design Competition EmptyMon Sep 25, 2006 1:43 am

i always wonder:

do we in HF capable of doing such designs?

what we practiced so far is always evaluating or criticizing other's designs... Duh devil

let's prove that this opinion is wrong! geek
Back to top Go down
http://southinkucandesign.blogspot.com
chimestar
Hunky-dory
Hunky-dory
chimestar

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2006-09-18

PostSubject: Re: ARTSeats Design Competition   ARTSeats Design Competition EmptyMon Sep 25, 2006 10:41 am

I feel that HF is a suplement to our original background. Coming from different background like electrical engineerers, software designers, mechanical engineerers, psychologists, medical doctors, etc. Perhaps not everyone would be capable of designing a seat just based on their HF training. (HF does not teach of structural stability or constructability)

Last edited by on Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
YSL
Wallflower
Wallflower
YSL

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2006-09-19

PostSubject: Re: ARTSeats Design Competition   ARTSeats Design Competition EmptyTue Sep 26, 2006 12:02 am

Perhaps we can form a team with members of different specialization? I can do the structural strength and stability calculation. hi

I think we need somebody strong in the visual arts. scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ARTSeats Design Competition   ARTSeats Design Competition Empty

Back to top Go down

ARTSeats Design Competition
Page 1 of 1